Department: Nutrition Services
Status: Full Time
Hours: Day Shift/Night Shift
Hours: Full Time Department: Nutrition Services Supervisor:Judy Carver
This position provides leadership and supervision for all positions in the Nutrition Services Department.
- Performs all duties following the cleanliness and hygienic rules of the department, including wearing hand coverings for food preparation
- Provides direction, leadership, organization, and supervision on all Nutrition Services personnel.
- Supervises food preparation and service.
- Interviews, selects, orients, and trains new employees of the Nutrition Services Department.
- Promotes safety standards for all kitchen personnel.
- Performs regular employee meetings and training sessions.
- Establishes proper food receiving and storing procedures, ordering food and supplies as needed.
- Provides consistent and fair application of Cox Barton County Hospital Personnel Policies.
- Reviews Nutrition Services Job Descriptions annually, making changes/additions/deletions, as needed.
- Serves on CBCH Management Team, attending and participating in meetings as available.
- Develops and posts Nutrition Services Department work, cleaning, and job assignment schedules.
- Responsible for inventory control over supplies and food items.
- Develops Nutrition Services rules, policies, and procedures to ensure efficient running of department.
- Evaluates food preparation and work flow of kitchen, making improvements and corrections as needed.
- Provides and recommends standardized recipe sources, assisting employees in doing same.
- Visits and screens patients, in preparation for Registered Dietitian to complete nutritional assessment and care plans.
- Works with Registered Dietitian, implementing that position’s recommendations and ideas.
- Assists Registered Dietician with planning of cycle menus.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements: Must be able to read, write, speak, and follow directions in the English language. Maintains high standards of quality food production. . Must be working toward obtaining and maintain CDM, CFPP credentials (Certified Dietary Manager, Certified Food Protection Professional) Must have two years experience in food service and production, management level preferred. As a minimum, must have knowledge of institutional food administration and diet therapy. Consulted for the Registered Dietitian position.
Characteristic Requirements: Must be a team player, working well within a group team setting. Ability to be a self-starter and motivated needed. Friendly, customer service attitude required. Must be able to learn skill sets of kitchen equipment operation and food preparation. Must possess accuracy and efficiency in daily food preparation, using initiative and judgment while eliminating food waste as much as possible. Must be flexible and adaptable to be able to fill in for any regular Nutrition Services position as needed.
Conditions/Physical Demands: This position involves extended periods of standing, walking, bending, and carrying. Pushes and pulls wheeled carts through hospital. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs with help. Repetitive tasks performed, and flexibility needed to work in several areas of the kitchen as needed.